Three Little Princesses

Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Christmas Time


We have been busy. We celebrated Micah's birthday, watched Sloane's Christmas performance, had Grandparents come visit, talked in church. Just a bunch of things to prepare for. This week we have something every night. Micah will be in a Christmas performance, RS Enrichment, and three Christmas parties. I hope I make it through this week with out pulling my hair out. Blogger of course has been no help. I finally got some pictures uploaded and it only took all of three hours. UGH!
I have had my house decorated for Christmas since before Thanksgiving, but blogger has not let me post pictures for a while. It was real simple decorating this year, we have been really busy.

No fireplace! So I put our stocking on the stair railing.

The girls were real excited to help decorate our tree. I went against my better decorating instinct and let them help. I have said it before, I have control issues, but I am slowly getting better.
The tree looked great, but of course it has been redecorated since the first night. Between excited kids and a new kitten, I find ornaments everywhere.

Micah did a great job. You only have to tell her something once and she remembers it forever. Start with your largest ornaments and work your way down to the smallest. That is how I do it anyway.
This picture is for my Mom, Dad and little Sisters who went to the Caribbean one year for Christmas without me! Micah had just turned one and I was nine months pregnant. There was no way I could go. They were kind enough to bring me back this shell ornament. I put it front and center. Next time I will NOT be left behind!!

This is our family theme for next year. We have a lot in the works, it should be a pretty exciting year for us. I don't want to share too much, maybe later.
NO it is not a pregnancy!

The finished product!
Pictures never do Christmas trees justice. Just when I think there is no more room for one more ornament, then I take a picture and it looks bare.

I bought this Nativity the first year we were married and it is still my favorite. Amazingly enough, we haven't broken any pieces. Knock on wood.
Christmas in the Kitchen.




Finally the Family room!
I really like a glittery Christmas, but last year I saw the cutest ornaments at PB and had to buy them. The were angel pine cones, so I went with a more natural theme in the Family Room.
There is a bit more, but I am not going to fight blogger any longer.
Please excuse my glass, I am not sure why I didn't see it before I took the picture.

I am ready for a weekend off! Ready for relaxation and spending time with family.


7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful pictures. You do such a lovely job with everything.

Try to keep all of your hair ; )

Love your theme for next year. Great one.

Jen said...

You always decorate so perfectly! I love it all!

Brittany said...

NOT FAIR- I didn't get an ornament from their trip! Your tree looks fabulous! the girl are so cute. I JUST put white lights up on my tree this year. Tons ao lights, NOTHING else.

Ashley said...

Guess after Corri and Danni, I am the fav! :o)

Dean Family said...

it all looks great! I need to come see it in real life..hehe. i know what you mean with downloading pics, i can get it to work, ugh!!

Gina said...

So beautiful! Everything! I love it all!

Ally said...

So many beautiful decorations!

I love it!

You have such a decorator's touch - it must be fun to be at your house for the holidays, with everything so delightful and beautiful. ;-)

Merry Christmas!