Most Saturday mornings, Jeremy and the girls get up and make muffins together for breakfast.
I usually sleep in and wake up to the yummy smell. The girls really LOVE doing this. They talk about it a lot. I know this will be a cherished memory for them when they are older. (They sit on the floor so everyone can help add ingredients and mix.)
I love Christmas and hate packing it up, mostly because it is a lot of work. I love the feeling of a clear and clean house afterwards. I usually put up the next holiday decor before packing the current stuff away. It drives Jeremy nuts, because we live in chaos for a day or two. This year I threw all the Christmas into one room. I really wanted to clean it out. It took a really long time, but I am so glad I did it. I am going to clean out all of our storage this year.
I was able to throw away two garbage bags of stuff. I also gave a couple bags to the DI. I still need a few more storage bins. Mostly because I have been getting rid of all our boxes and replacing them with bins. I think I used some of my Christmas ones for other stuff. OOPS!
So much more organized and with detailed labeling. No more ten bins with just Christmas in them. Now I can grab exactly what I need.




5 comments:
What a fun memory for Jeremy and the girls--love it.
I'm sure that's a lot of work to keep your Christmas decorations organized, but I'm sure it will be worth it next year when you go to get them out.
I love Valentine's Day, too--it holds a special memory for my sisters and me.
I love how your hubby sits on the floor with the kids and makes muffins. What a great tradition. My kids would love that. Once again, I love your decor. I wish I had a knack for that sort of stuff!
I hate taking Christmas down, too. Ugh. You are so good to decorate for all holidays like that. Your Valentine's stuff is adorable!
I hate taking Christmas down, too. Ugh. You are so good to decorate for all holidays like that. Your Valentine's stuff is adorable!
i absolutely love the valentine's decor. your decorations are always so perfect. please TEACH me!
Post a Comment