Three Little Princesses

Monday, March 2, 2009

Kids Jeans


I am having major issues with kids jeans right now.


Micah is 5 years old. Just turned so in December.


She does not wear size 5 pants or dresses. She could fit into them just fine, but she needs a lot more length. Shorts and skirts are fine in a size 5. But for length she recently needs size 7. Our only problem is they look like huge cinched potato sacks. She is not unhealthy skinny, but she has nice thin build.


Now at 5, she begins the trial of being tall and trying to find a good fitting jean.


I was hoping her issues could have at least waited til Jr. High. That is when mine started. Truthfully the thinner I have been, the harder time I had trying to find jeans that fit. I always had to wear a belt. (My problems are minimal now.) That is probably because of my body shape. Being tall does no favors in the clothing department.


So this long, wordy post is my way of asking for help. Does anyone have any suggestions for us?? I have tried on jeans everywhere. We need some that fit.


The picture above is from, in my humble opinion, the best place to shop for kids jeans, The Children's Place.



9 comments:

Jen said...

I was gonna say the Children's Place, but looks like you already know that. Kya has the same problem. Skinny and long torso. I have to get a couple sizes bigger, but Children's Place seems to have the jeans that look the best when it comes to this, esp since they are adjustable waist. Good luck!

I know Old Navy and Target have some adjustable waist jeans as well.

Yvonne said...

This is not any help, but just an interesting thing I've noticed--boys jeans come in Regular and Slim. (Why don't they do that with little girls???)

Good luck. I'm sure some of your readers will have some ideas.

Ashley said...

Yvonne so true. I usually see in girls the regular size and then the 5x, 6x, etc.

Carrie said...

I am so sorry being a fellow skinny tall person i know her and your pain and I am sorry it sucks I know My jeans cost at least 60-100 dollars to find them in my size and I am sorry i have no advice other than learn to sew ;)

Lara Neves said...

Chloe has the same problem. She just had a major growth spurt and all her size 5 jeans are too short, but even they are way too big around the waist for her. I'm just letting her go around in floods for now until I figure out what I should do.

I know I found some 7 slims at Dillards/Macys when Bria was in that size. But I haven't really seen that size around much, and you'd have to find a great sale.

Dean Family said...

Lexi has this same problem. I just got some pants at the Old Navy sale for like $5 that are perfect and way long (so long that I can't get her to wear them much). Their called DARLING, I bought a couple pairs for school in the fall if you wanna come by and try them. They have the adjustable waist. That's the only way I can go with Lexi. Sounds like alot of us have that problem with our girls. You could also try them in Slim, I have those for Lexi as well. Whoever invented adjustable waist...genius! Good Luck and just be happy that summer is coming...no more pants!! LOL

Ally said...

Sorry I'm no help. I've always had the opposite problem with clothes - I'm very short and petite, and so everything is always extra gigantic on me and I have to do a lot of hemming.

But at least as a short person, you can hem. It's not so easy to add extra fabric for length! Good luck finding something! ;-)

Jami Steele Davis said...

My niece has the same problem, my sister has to buy her slims. I know they are a little hard to find, but they are worth it if you can get them. Have your tried Kohls??

Christine said...

I just got Hailey some size 5 slims from old navy that are cut much better for a slim girl, and they STILL have the adjustable waist. so try old navy, big girl slims and see what you think. the children's place jeans are way too huge around the waist for hailey, even after cinching the waistband.