My Mom and Sister have been asking to see pictures of Micah's room Re-Do.
This room is nothing fancy. But...it is special to one little girl.
This room is nothing fancy. But...it is special to one little girl.
I wish I could post pictures of my Sister's daughter's Pottery Barn inspired room. It is darling. I have to learn NOT to covet. Accept that the things I have are perfect the way they are. My daughter LOVES her room. I am so happy about that.
Micah has always been into Disney Princesses. This time she decided she wanted a princess theme, without the characters.
I really need to redo her name on the wall to match the rest of the room, but I am partial to the ones I decorated when she was little. She is growing up too fast.
I decided to do without curtains. One my kids play in them, and two I really enjoy all the natural light that comes in from the windows.
I made ribbon garlands instead of the curtains.
Micah wanted pink, pink, and more pink.
I bought this dresser and a matching side table off Craig's List for $15. In the first picture you can see the finished night stand. I had plans to repaint the dresser and buy some new knobs or handles for it. The weather is not agreeing with me right now so I have to wait.
I saw a lamp similar to this in a boutique and loved it. I really wanted to buy it, but decided I would try to see if I could make it first. I am actually really happy with how it turned out and I spent way less than the boutique price!
Here is a picture of the drawers primed and painted. I am still waiting for warmer weather to finish it up. The zebra print rug is from Target. I love that store.
I have a craft table in the corner, but now that Micah is learning to read and I want to find a pink reading chair for that corner. I am open to suggestions, but I don't really like butterfly chairs.
I have to throw in this last picture. Sloane did a little decorating of her own.
I have to throw in this last picture. Sloane did a little decorating of her own.

She rearranged the letters and ripped off most of the embellishments.
That kid has more energy than anyone I have ever met!

5 comments:
CUTE! I am wanting to do Emily's room in black, white and hot pink. You gave me some good ideas. I tried to do a ribbon garland like that in Addison's room at our old house but it wasn't even 1/2 as cute as yours.
I love it--good job. I've told you before I love when you post decorating things--you are so talented.
cute room! im sure she loves it. im working on shelby's right now!
I LOVE IT! Kya would be so jealous if she saw this room! It's absolutely perfect! That lamp is ADORABLE!!
darling room!! I am sure she LOVES it!! I adore the lamp redo!! cuteness!!! :-)
Post a Comment