Three Little Princesses

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Recent Update

This last weekend Jeremy and I celebrated our seventh anniversary.
We used to be cute.
I blame the kids for the way we look now. :O)

On Sunday Jeremy took a few pictures of the girls while I was still getting myself ready.


They were not in a picture taking mood.
I have to share a funny thing Micah told me after church.
"Mom everyone at church thought I was beautiful and looked like a princess.......they just didn't say it to me."
I am glad she has great self esteem.

A few days ago I took Emie and Sloane to the library for story and craft time. We read 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar.' We also got to make a caterpillar and all the fruit it ate. The Children's Librarian Asst. came over and was talking to us. She is one of Jeremy's patients. She asked Sloane to write her name on her paper. I quickly replied that she couldn't do it. I have been working with her for a year and a half to write her name and she just refuses to do it. After my reply, Sloane spoke up and said, "YES I CAN!"
She then wrote her name.
I was in shock!
I guess I know how to motivate her in the future. Just tell her she can't do something and she will prove you wrong.

She did an awesome job for not ever doing it before, all by herself!



It was so nice on Friday. We spent the day going to the park, feeding ducks and seagulls, and getting ice cream.



Since my girls are so close in age, we get to experience everything x3. When Micah was 2 she loved Dora. The next year Sloane loved Dora. Now Emie loves Dora.

When Micah was two and a half she loved swinging and would want to swing the whole time we were at the park. The next year Sloane stayed on the swings, we could not pry her off them. This Spring it is Emie who enjoys the swings. She giggled the entire time. It was so sweet.
My blogging has been slacking. I have so many pictures and have skipped blogging them. Hopefully I update enough to let friends and family know how and what we are doing.






3 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Sophie won't get off the swings either. It's kind of an exhausting stage. :)

Yvonne said...

You are still cute ; )

When your kids have self-esteem breathe a sigh of relief--BIG TIME!!!

Hooray for The Hungry Caterpillar.

Jen said...

Happy belated Anniversary! You are still cute! Don't say such things! :)

Oh my goodness the whole princess thing at church was so dang cute! That would've melt my heart to know my daughter has such great self esteem as I lack in that department!