Three Little Princesses

Monday, June 25, 2007

Jon-ju-wee


My three year old speaks really well. However every once and a while she says something that for the life of me I can not understand. Today was one of those times.
Micah,"Sloane's freen Jon-ju-wee."
My understanding, "Sloane's friend Jon-ju-wee."
I say, "Where did Sloane meet this friend, the pool, at church, at the park, etc."
Micah, "No, no, no!"
I know she is getting frustrated. I just say okay and remind her of her favorite puzzle. My distraction works and a meltdown is avoided.
Later in the day, Micah and I are looking through some pictures. We see a picture of some friends. They are standing in front of a Christmas tree.
Micah, "Christmas is in December."
I say, "That's right, what else is in December?"
Micah,"My birthday, I am four in December and Sloane's freen Jon-ju-wee."
There it is again. Only this time I laugh to myself. I know exactly what she is saying.
Translation...my birthday, I am four in December and Sloane's three in January! I confirm that I understand and she gives me the biggest smile ever.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is cute and kudo's to you Ashley for figuring it out.

Brittany said...

This is soo cute, I don't know if its cause I am experiencing my monthly miracle or what but I totally teared up on this one.. Love you ash.

Kristi said...

Hooray--what a smartie!