Three Little Princesses

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stickers

Many people think housewives do not have much to do. Cleaning and taking care of kids alone is enough to keep anyone busy. While I am cleaning upstairs the kids are destroying the downstairs and vice versa. The cycle is constantly repeating itself.


I was upstairs doing some laundry when my little one tells me the stickers are all gone. I keep my stickers up high because they tend to end up stuck to all kinds of furniture if they are found. S is very good at climbing all counters and shelves, so I figured I had better run down to make sure she was not on the top shelf of the pantry.


I came down stairs and look at my cupboards, floor, and fridge and this is what I see.


At a closer glance I notice these are NOT stickers!


We bought a roll, not a book, but a ROLL of stamps a few days ago. Luckily I addressed and stamped about 35 of our Christmas cards already, but here I find the rest.


Needless to say these are the most expensive stickers we have ever bought our kids.


UPDATE: I was able to save a few of these. A sharp knife and a lot of patience later, I became so pleased with my craftiness I forgot the intial shock of it all.

8 comments:

Corrine said...

OUCH!! Holy Hanna! I would so lose it... that is so expensive. But I so love those kids!! :) Dont worry be happy!!

Yvonne said...

Oh my goodness--stop and count to 10 (heck, I'd need to count a lot higher than that!!!) Sorry. I'd have to remind myself that In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

J found my stamps and wanted to play with them the other day. Um, how about no? Those are expensive stickers!

Jami Steele Davis said...

My kids did the same thing just the other day. Luckily there were only a few stamps left. I would have freaked out if they had used a whole roll.

Lara Neves said...

If it makes you feel any better, my Sophie got into my stamps the other day and tore them up beyond recognition...just one sheet though, not an entire roll.

I hope you were able to salvage some of those!

Allyson said...

Oh my! My kids have done that with my stamps before, but not that many, just a book. I got so mad, they are scared to even look at a book of stamps now. Well, ok, I am exaggerating a tad.

Valarie said...

Ohhhh, that's a bummer. From reading through your comments it sounds like it happens pretty often to people...note to self...hide stamps better.

Gina said...

Holy cow you are a patient woman! Way to go saving a few!