Do you notice anyone missing in this picture?
How about two little girls!
For some reason my children are terrified of any costumed personage. This means no Santa, no Easter Bunny, no Chucky Cheese, and other random characters like the Red Robin standing outside of one of our favorite eating establishments.This year much to my surprise S braved the o' so scary man, also known as Santa. I know her love of all things sugar oriented, sitting in a basket next to the throne, overcame her fear of Jolly Old Saint Nick. She is tolerant, but not smiling thinking of her reward.
It all started out so well. My little Santa baby M was just plain unaware at the tender age of three weeks old.
At three months M even smiled at her new furry friend the Easter Bunny.
Then at eleven months it starts. She was compliant, as long as she wasn't on his lap, but not wiling to smile. My poor nephew was placed on Santa's lap during a nap. This, now that I think about it, is a great idea.
Our final picture with such creatures, with the exception of this year's Santa picture, M was done! No more sitting on Santa's lap, no more tolerance of the Easter Bunny, no more smiles for any large being dressed in costume. I got this picture for free because the photographer thought it was hilarious.Not one of my kids would visit any of the above named, until this year. I am very proud of S for overcoming her fears, for what ever the reason or the reward may be. Hopefully this year the Easter Bunny is giving out something involving sugar.
7 comments:
Each of my kids did fine on the first visit, but no way were they getting anywhere near Santa the second time. It all changed after that--back on his lap they went!!! I hope one day you'll be able to get them all back on his lap!
You have some very cute pictures, even if you only have a few! My kids don't like costumed creatures either and now that some of them are old enough to no longer be afraid, they still don't want anything to do with it because they are TOO OLD. I guess I'll never win. I'm glad that Sloane was so brave this year. and isn't candy the key to all things. I know that it still is for me and I'm way past the kid stage:)
Cute pictures Ashley and sad yet very funny story!!! When My mom does a christmas party she always has santa come. I think after the cousins see the olders ones sit on Santas lap they get a little braver but I do recall Danielle not liking it at age 2.
I only have one picture of Bria with Santa. She is 14 months old and she is SCREAMING! I never did any after that. When she was two we saw Santa at the mall but she would only stand there and talk to him while holding my hand. None of this sitting on his lap business. Oh, and when he asked her what her name was, she told him it was Hannah. Talk about totally distrusting the guy, LOL!
WOW!! tell Nonie, Aunt Corri is very proud of her!! Tell Micah, Aunt Corri and Uncle Kristofer's bday gift is on its way!! Love you lots!! give those girls kisses for me!! ttyl
Ashley,
I have to agree with your kids. I was terrified of Santa as a child. I have a vivid memory of hiding under a bench at the mall in order to avoid sitting on his lap. My kids don't seem to bothered by him, but I still think he is a little shifty!!!
Nice blog...
Post a Comment