Three Little Princesses

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Our Way


We did make New Years plans, but we stayed in Utah a lot longer than we anticipated. We just needed some wind down time and our kids needed to sleep. So we spent it together as a family.

The kids who have been surrounded by friends and family had no complaints about staying home.

As long as there is food, E is a happy camper.

There was a lot of JUNK food!
Got to have wings on New Year's Eve. There were plenty of left overs for next day. This means I got a day off from cooking.
I just love card games. Jeremy and I played til we just couldn't anymore. We watched a couple movies and did not even realize the New Year had crept upon us.


It is 2008 and once again I have to get used to writing a new year on my checks. This for me is always a huge challenge.

7 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Ok, we are total Apples to Apples junkie. We definitely need to get together!!

Allyson said...

We had a fun family game night on new years eve too. We took the kids to the store and let everyone pick a snack to share that night. We had overload of junk food too. Sound like you had a good time.

Kristi said...

Yay! Looks like you had fun--so glad you got some extra rest time. That's my favorite kind :) We love games, too (especially Apples to Apples) Happy New Year!

Nicole said...

Happy New Year! I forgot you live in Utah. We will definitely need to plan a road trip :) We had just gotten back from the States on New Years Eve, so we slept all night. Woke up around 11:30 to catch the awesome fireworks in London on TV then went back to sleep. Yes, Im OLD! LoL

Amelia Ames said...

Happy New year Ashley and family! We sure enjoyed seeing ya'll.

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun time! I wish Bart would play games with me. I love playing games, not to mention, have a closet full of them and have a hard time finding anyone to play with me. :(

Laurie said...

We stayed home for New Years Eve for the first time in years and I totally enjoyed it. The more kids I get and the older they get, the harder it is to not want to just stay home. Our games of the night were Pictionary Jr., Scattergories Jr. and Hullabaloo. I love Apples to Apples but it doesn't work very well with my little ones. I can't wait until they are older and we can play more grown up games, not that anything with a Jr. after it isn't fun.