Three Little Princesses

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Milestones


M
  • Her eyes have turned a beautiful shade of green. Everytime I tell her they are green, she says, "Mommy let's pretend they are blue!" Mmmmm-K.
  • She will only kiss me on the cheek. She only lets me do the same. :0(
  • She loves all the Disney Princesses right now. She loves to dress up, read about, and pretend to be one. Ariel is her favorite because she is also obessessed with Mermaids.
  • She doesn't like Dora the Explorer as much as she used too. This makes me sad because it means she is growing up.
  • Sometimes I feel I expect too much from her because she is the oldest, but I remind myself that she is only four.
  • She is a really good big sister. She is always willing to help S or E.
  • She has been able to spell her name since she was two, she could write it a few months after turning three. She is very intellegent.
  • She was my first baby and although I am learning as I go, She seems to be patient and forgiving.
  • I am greatful for all the sweet things she says and does, I just love her.

S

  • She has the most beautiful hair. It has the cutest ringlets at the end of it. She hates when I brush it, so I have thought of cutting it into a bob. I am just not ready to part with the curls.
  • Her smile lights up a room. She is happy and confident and it shows in her demeanor.
  • She is adventurous. There is not anything in my home that she has not gotten into. Sometimes I hear M telling S, "get us suckers," And ya know what, she will!
  • She loves puzzles. She puts together puzzles all by her self and she enjoys doing it over and over again.
  • She loves anything Spiderman. She will play princesses with M, but her doll is always named 'Spiderman.'
  • She is not afraid of water. She lays in the tub and will submerge her whole body, face and all. She always says, "Mom look I am a Spiderman Mermaid!"
  • She can spell her name, but refuses to try and learn to write it. She does things on her own schedule and time table. Maybe she just knows how to work the system.
  • She still likes Dora, but if Micah wants to watch something else then she acts like Dora is a show for babies.
  • She keeps me busy. I get tired thinking about where all her adventures will take us when she gets older. I just love her.

E

  • She has the best smile. She smiles with her whole face.
  • Her hair is finally getting long enough to put up with bows. She is my only baby who refused to wear the cute headbands I put on her.
  • She loves, loves, loves Dora the Explorer. All my kids have gone through this phase. I think it is so cute.
  • She loves to read, she is always bringing me books and sitting on my lap to get ready for her story.
  • She says, "Here you go," whenever she hands me things. Her favorite thing to do is give me dishes when I am unloading the dishwasher.
  • She has always called me Dada and Jeremy Daddy. I used to think she was saying Mom but quickly learned she was saying "more."
  • Everytime she sees a camera she smiles and says, "Cheese!"
  • She still snuggles with me. Everytime she wants too, I drop everything else and do it. I am just realizing it goes too quickly and I miss doing that with my other girls.
  • She is such a picky eater. She prefers hotdogs and chicken nuggets, anything else is totally hit and miss.
  • She makes me smile a lot. I can't wait to see what he future has in store for her. I just love her.

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

WHAT A GREAT POST!!! So fun to read about each of them. When you sad when Emerson wants to snuggle you drop everything--SO SMART!!! The time flies.
What a great record you will have in years to come. Love the Spiderman-Mermaid comment.

You have beautiful little girls. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into their personalities.

Melanie said...

my youngest is going through the dora phase too. it's so cute. everything is dora dora dora.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Awesome post Ashley! It's sweet to see them through your eyes.

Laurie said...

This is a great post! They grow so fast and someday you'll forget all these little things that you love so much right now! You are definately very blessed! They are so beautiful!

Lara Neves said...

Such a sweet post! And so great to write it all down.

Chloe used to be so obsessed with Dora, and now she doesn't want to watch it much. I feel the same way you do. :)

Kristi said...

This is so sweet! What a great idea to write down their different milestones at these ages!! They will be grateful for it.

Misty said...

I agree - EXCELLENT post. You are clearly a loving, thoughtful, observant mother.

Nicole said...

This is such a sweet post. Your girls are sooo precious. :)

Terry said...

I have enjoyed browsing your blog and seeing all the fun red heads in your family, like all your sweet daughters and your sister, Corri.

This is a sweet post...noting how cute your little ones are. :) Agreed, Sloane does have pretty hair. My three year old has never let me brush her hair or put any hair ties or bows in it so I finally gave in and cut those curls off (well, like a year ago) and gave her a bob. Now her hair is totally straight. I understand how hard it is to let the curls go.