Three Little Princesses

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It is 2008, right??

Last night it was the 1980's. Not for me, but for a lot of people. Jeremy was excited when a favorite band of his was actually coming to town. He bought 5 tickets. One for himself, Three for friends. One for me?


The band...Def Leppard!


I am not a huge fan, but I did exist in the eighties, so do know some of their songs.


I tried to get out of it, even up til the last minute. After a long day with kids, I want a relaxing evening. Not one filled with electric guitar. I just couldn't get out of it.


I went and it was actually fun! We enjoyed ourselves. The crowd was a bit older, but that made it more entertaining. You know how you can tell the age of the crowd? There were more cigarette lighters waving in the air than cell phones.


Definitely a blast from the past!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Man! I LOOOOOVVVVEEE Def Leopard! I'm going to check to see if they'll be in Seattle. lol Glad you had fun- they ROCK!

Allyson said...

ROCK ON!

Dean Family said...

mike and i were thinking of going to the concert, but forgot about it. i bet it was a blast. thats all i grew up listening too! i hope you had fun. and no i dont know how to upholster, do you? i've been reading up on it, but any tips would be lovely!

Misty said...

Yes.... I agree... ROCK ON.... and I know you didn't dance on any speakers.... or....did you..... (wink)

Yvonne said...

Glad you had a good time.

Kimber said...

Ahh, the 80's! Not a fan of the group but what a fun date!

Laurie said...

So sad that the cigarettes out numbered the cell phones. I'm glad you had a good time though!

Gina said...

Glad you ended up having a good time! Cracked me up about the lighters verses the cells.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I am so jealous! I wanted to go to that concert so much! We didn't get home until Wednesday, but if I'd know about the concert before I booked our flights, we would have come home in time to go. They were with Sytx and REO Speedwagon, right? 3 of my favorite groups.

The crowd was older? LOL! The crowd was probably my age!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Jen said...

How fun for you and even though you really didn't wanna go, what great night out! I'm glad you had a good time :)