I don't think I have ever gone 11 days without blogging, but it is possible. We have been busy around here. Not too much of it is worth sharing. I have been Spring Cleaning!
It hasn't been the most joyful experience, but I feel so accomplished after the task is complete. It started off with the cleaning out of the kids closets. I had to put away the Winter stuff and bring out the Spring. To pack up winter I had to create a few piles. One for baby stuff that nobody can wear anymore (this pile we are saving just in case). One for clothes that can be worn in the future by at least one of my girls. Another pile for things that could be trashed. The last pile is the "Good Will or Garage sale pile. " Although this year, I have to say, I am thinking dumping it somewhere where someone else has to go through it and price it.
I have been cleaning out cabinets too! We have one area that is our catch-all. I dreaded going through this cabinet the most. It is where we throw anything and everything we don't want to deal with at the moment. The counter right below is almost just as bad. We throw everything there to be "taken care of later."
Here is the before pictures of our catch-all area.
(Sorry this picture is blurry.)
After some time of working together here is the after.
I also went through all my clothes, why do I keep so much stuff? I know there are things I will never wear again but still I hold on to them. I still had shoes from my Senior Homecoming. Why?!? I loved them, the perfect shade of Gun Metal Silver, but I know I will NEVER wear them again. We parted this weekend, I feel emotional freedom. There is only one closet left....My craft closet and it is not pretty. This one may take a while to clean out. For now I am feeling organized and proud for completing a post. WooHoo!
9 comments:
Congrats on all your organization! That is awesome!! I need to follow your example :)
Good for you. It always feels good when we get organized--I need to do some Spring Cleaning and dejunking.
any clothes from your closet I can have???? ;) love ya!!
You are awesome. I have been tryng to clean out closets and clutter for months, but as soon as it is gone I replace it with something else!!!
Like anything I have or had would fit you Corri. You are like half my size!
You are making me itch to get organizing!! It's one of my very most favorite things to do. (that wasn't very grammatically correct, was it!?)
Looks like you did some good work there. And I LOVE those counter tops - really beautiful! ;)
I have been cleaning things out too and the one closet I have left is my craft closet too. Depressing to even think about starting.
Congrats! Way to go you should come visit me and help me dejunk and get organized. Hope that you all are doing well.
All that work, that is truly something to be proud of! Organization makes one feel so serene! I need to get on the ball.
Post a Comment