Three Little Princesses

Friday, May 23, 2008

Food Tag

So I think I have done this one before, or one similar to it. But, I figure people have more than just five food quirks. I know I do.


I made a sandwich for lunch and it got the ball rolling for these five.


1. I only like one slice or layer of meat on my sandwiches and burgers. Double patty burgers make me gag. However, I will eat a thick patty burger from Red Robin, Chili's, etc.


2. I never ate a (ripe not waxy) tomato, I didn't love. I could eat a tomato with a little salt and pepper at every meal. This makes my husband and my sister gag. There are a lot of tomato haters out there. When I was pregnant with Micah I would buy yellow tomatoes, supposedly they are less acidic. It helped with already queasy stomach, because I could not give them up.


3. I like the "meat" or majority of my sandwich to be lettuce. I just really like it. I have always loved salads and lettuce wraps are one of my favorite things to eat. I am so grateful Micah loves all things salad and vegetable. She asks for salad for a snack.


4. I love apples. My favorite is Gala. I discovered them while trying to find a softer apple for my then toddler Micah. I just kept buying them because I loved the flavor. Right now we are eating red delicious, only because they are .50 less a pound.


5. There are not many chocolate chip cookies I like. I do not like store bought. I haven't liked most homemade ones from other people. (No worries, they do get eaten) The one I do like is my sister Brittany's recipe. Everything she bakes is wonderful. I guess one of the reasons I am picky is I do NOT like dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate. I make my sisters recipe with milk chocolate chips, but still hers are better!


I am not going to tag anyone, but if you want to do it, feel free.

2 comments:

Jami Steele Davis said...

I completely agree with you about the tomatoes and chocolate chip cookies. Lettuce in a no go with me though. I also have many, many food issues. My poor mother I don't know how she ever got me to eat anything!!!

Gina said...

If we ever get together, I'll have to test my choc chip cookies on you. WE LOVE THEM!