Three Little Princesses

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Within 12 hours

When Jeremy is gone I am pretty secure I can hold down the fort. Mostly. Yesterday was crazy hair day at Micah's school. It took me a while to get her hair done. Right after I finished the half hour long job, Sloane came upstairs saying I am ready to go, I put my make up on. I panicked a bit because every time the kids raid my make up bag it ends up costing me a lot of money.
This picture was taken after I scrub most of it off.

I could not tell what the white stuff was all over her face. then I realized it was....

I had to leave the white out on her eye lids because it took some elbow grease to scrub the rest of her face. I knew that scrubbing her eye lids would hurt way too much. We are going to have to wait for it to fade off.

Not even two minutes later Emie comes around the corner with black magic marker all over her arms. I was able to scrub most it off. The carpet is another story!

You should have seen the looks I got at the store yesterday with these two.

It was a long day of packing. I packed up the girls bedrooms, both upstairs bathrooms and most of my room. I finally decided to spend some time with the girls and give them much needed baths. We had our bedtime routine and then I finally curled up on my bed to relax. I grabbed my laptop, some ice cream(I earned it!), and a good book to read later.

All of the sudden I heard a faint cry. I don't know why but I knew it was one of my kids. I ran to Sloane and Emie's upstairs room and my heart dropped. Their window was open, the screen gone, and Sloane missing.
I don't think I have ever flown down my stairs so fast. As soon as I opened the door I could hear her screaming, but she was getting up. I ran to her, checked her over. Her arm was swelling and covered in scrapes. I carried her upstairs and called Jeremy (of course he was out of town!). I had a good cry for one minute, then the door bell rang. I thought maybe one of my neighbors may have called the cops. I have never seen so many people from my ward show up on my door step so quickly. I began crying again. So grateful!

After a blessing from our Bishop and Elder's Quorum Pres, and determination that there were no breaks or bumps, there was a calm peace in my panicked home.

Sloane is one lucky little girl!

The screen not so lucky!


I am blessed beyond measure. I am grateful for a wonderful Ward and wonderful Friends who left theirs families to comfort mine.


Ashley:0___vs.___The forces that be:3

I wanted to try and end this post on a happy note. Here are the beautiful forsythias blooming everywhere. As I passed them today I thought they looked extra beautiful! I have a grateful heart today!


9 comments:

Yvonne said...

Let me comment on Sloane first--I AM SO GRATEFUL she is o.k. That had to be so scary, for all of you.

It may seem like the forces that be are ahead, but you are the one who is way ahead. I'm so grateful you are surrounded by such a wonderful Ward family.

Love the picture of the forsythias.

Lara Neves said...

That is so scary...you are the second of my friends to have a child fall out the window and land in just the right spot to be okay in a week! (Or ever, for that matter!)

Good luck packing up. It is so hard to pay as much attention to the kids during that stress of moving.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm so glad she's ok. She's one tough cookie!!

Dean Family said...

oh my gosh! poor girl...i'm so glad she is okay. i can't imagine the scare in your heart when you walked in that room! maybe this is a sign for Jeremy to come back and you can stay here with me! :)j/k i know youre ready to move.

Jen said...

OH MY GOSH! My heart seriously stopped as I read this post! I'm so glad she's okay and that you're surrounded by wonderful neighbors and ward members! What a miracle that she didn't get hurt too badly!

And LOVE the pictures of the forsythias! My favorite color!

Gina said...

Funny, sad, scary and cute all in the same post! Wow, Ashley, you are like superwoman to have a hold of your emotions like you do. Kudos for holding it together and rewarding yourself with ice cream.

I hope we'll see you in Utah and soon. Good luck with the rest of the move.

Allyson said...

Scary! I am glad Sloane wasn't seriously injured.

Ashley said...

After Gabe fell we had an FHE on window safety. I can't believe after that she still fell!!

Unknown said...

Hey Ashley- I just read this! Oh my, I am so sorry it happened to Sloane but am so grateful she was okay. :)