Three Little Princesses

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spirit Week

Micah attends a pre-k program at a baptist private school. I have loved it and would enroll my other girls there too, if we were staying here. She is only in preschool but gets to participate in all the school activities. This week was spirit week, gearing up for the end of the year carnival fundraiser.
Monday was crazy hair day!

Tuesday was nerd day.

(I don't know how I feel about this one. There are so many better options, am I right?)

Wednesday was formal day.

Thursday was career day.

Jeremy left his lab jacket so Micah could be a Chiropractor, but she wanted to be a teacher. Teachers pick out their own attire so I let her do just that.

Friday was school spirit day. I didn't think paying 25 bucks for a school T-shirt that said Centennial Baptist on it was worth it so she just wore blue, but I forgot to take a picture.



The carnival was Friday night. I really did NOT want to go alone to a big crowded area with three little kids all by myself. Especially with one who has a tendency to run away from me. I tried to talk Micah out of going. She was supposed to perform and would not give in to my alternate bribes. I knew they were supposed to dress up like a zoo animal or wear all black. All our winter clothes had been packed and we don't really own animal costumes.



An hour before it is was supposed to start I remembered about this giraffe costume I had bought before she was born and never used, in my garage sale pile. I was out of excuses.

So off we went! I am so glad we did it was a lot of fun.

Giving the don't embarrass me look.

The kids did a great job.
Playing games and eating junk. That is what a carnival is all about!
Then Sloane saw the pony rides. The line was L.O.N.G. and I did not want to wait an hour for one pony to make each and every kid at the carnival happy. But we did.
Emerson smiled and laughed the whole time.
Sloane went last so she could enjoy her turn and everyone else's turn too.

It was a lot of fun. Maybe flying with all three, by myself, won't be that bad.
(crosses fingers)



4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

It looks like she had a week that she'll always remember, though! Fun times! Our school never does good categories, I don't think. Although, I do agree with you about nerd day.

You'll do great on the plane. Just remember, a few hours and you'll be done! Good luck! When do you leave?

Yvonne said...

Looks like they had such a great time--and great job, mom. (You really are a brave woman ; ) A fun week, I'm sure--but I agree about nerd day, too.

Kristi said...

Your daughter's are soooo stinkin cute!!!

Jen said...

Her crazy hair looks pretty darn cute if you ask me!! Kya had some different themed days as well, but not as many. HOW FUN! I love all the cute pictures! You are such a fun mom!