Three Little Princesses

Monday, June 9, 2008

A Campout in Grandpa's Backyard

Jeremy's parents have a fire pit in their backyard. I have had many wonderful dutch oven meals from that fire pit. YUMMY!

The girls were asking to make s'mores.

And to "camp out" with Daddy. Look closely and you can see the tent in the background. We decided it would be fun. I would sleep inside, of course. I can not believe that it is summer and it is still freezing cold.

Grandpa helping Sloane.
Jeremy showing Micah the perfect 'mellow'
This is why you do not touch the grass after eating your sticky roasted marshmellow.
I am glad we did it, the girls had a ball!

6 comments:

Jen said...

HOW FUN IS THAT? I wish my parents had a backyard like that!!! I love the picture of your hubby showing off the PERFECT marshmallow :)

Mandy said...

Oh that looks so fun!!

Yvonne said...

What a fun memory--and you even have pictures to help you remember.

Misty said...

I LOVE a good cook out.... and the grass hands... that's rough! (wink)

Ally said...

That looks so much fun. :)

I'm not much for camping.

And the weather here has been crazy! We still have our furnace coming on some nights, it gets that cold!

Sheesh.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Alan promised them a campout on the trampoline the backyard last night. J has been talking about it all week. Because of the rain, they had to "camp" in the living room. What's with this weather anyway???