My girls are sweet 'n' all during the day, but at night the Mommy patience wears off and I need a break. Lately for some reason I wake up with TWO little one's in my bed. I have a king size bed, but with two extra people, although they are small, sandwiched between us, it feels twin-ish.
Enough is enough! I want to have peaceful sleep through the night. I am tired of hands flopping on my head and little feet kicking my back. So I am trying something new.
I will give the girls each morning two nickels if they stay in their beds. If they come in and need a reminder they only get one. When they have a dollar, it is theirs to spend.
Tonight is night one. I am really hoping it works. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do?
Micah listened really well, I could tell she was excited to get her nickels. Sloane marches to her own beat and was pretty much pretending not to listen. I know that Micah will have to get her first dollar to get the ball rolling for Sloanie.Wish me luck!

8 comments:
That is a fantastic idea! I will have to use it FOR SURE if (oh wait). . . when I have this problem as I'm sure I will :)
That is such a great idea. I think you're absolutely right--once Micah gets to go buy something with her dollar the other girls will catch on!!!
We are so going to try that!
hmmm... where do you get that idea?? ;) love ya!! I am sure it will work!
Good luck!
We are in the process of 'bribing' Princess to keep her big-girl pants dry all night long. She gets a sticker on her chart for every night she stays dry, then when she has enough stickers, we go get a Dora purse and camera.
So far it's been okay. A few accidents here and there, but I think the rewards charts/incentives are good.
Hope it goes well for you!! You're so patient! I know I'm not willing to share my bed with the children - I'm barely willing to share it with hubby! ;) (Thank goodness we have a king-size bed.) haha
wow! good luck and i'd love an update! the kids ahve learned to go to andy's side because he doesn't wake up! they are doing much better, but there are still nights i wake up and take them back to bed. welcome to the club!!
We have the same problem at our house. We have used the money thing too. It worked ok for Jesse, not at all for Addie. The best thing we found was getting a dog to sleep on Jesse's bed. Hmmm...can you train a cat to do that?
My cat sleeps on Nora's bed everynight. Nora will tell you that Daphne eats monsters with catsup. Good thing that Sidney is ok with Daphne being on Nora's bed. I guess that's a good enough monster defense for him.
You know how Nora cries about everything? Well today, I had a brilliant idea, and I think it's working. If she cries about something I take one of her stuffed animals and put it into time out. She is very attached to them, so it's working really well. When she has a day without crying she can get them back. I did tell her that if she needs to cry, she can do it as much as she wants in her bed.
Post a Comment