E has had a pretty bad weekend. After our little episode at the grocery store, she has had fevers and the runs. I have kept her pretty quarantined all weekend, the last thing we need is another round of sickness. On top of the sickness, she has been a little monster. I was talking to my mom about it, and she suggested maybe she was just teething. I kind of fluffed that off and continued to talk her about how my little baby was hitting her terrible twos early.
After a bad bout with the runs today, I decided to once again give her a bath. ( I swear these kids will do anything to keep me from my workout!! J/K) I filled the tub and turned around. I saw her with her hand shoved in her mouth chewing on her fingers. I pulled her hand out and felt around myself. Sure enough, 4 two year molars are barely poking through the surface. Poor kid!! No wonder she has been gagging her self trying to fit those fingers way back there. It also explains the runs and fevers. So my problem is solved, but there is no relief in sight for her until these babies are all the way through. No wonder being two (or close to it) can be so tough.
14 comments:
Oooooooh. What a little trooper! That's a lot o' pain for a little mouth. :(
At least you know what's up, eh?
Still no fun. Hope they all emerge, SOON!!
Teething is terrible...and there's nothing you can do about it. Hang in there!
They will cut through--hopefully soon.
Two-year old teething is God's way of reminding you that you're not in control of anything, so why are you bothering?
At least that's how I take it. And then I turn on a movie for the kids to watch. Good luck!
Sorry about the fevers et.al.--at least now you know it's most likely related to teething and not a virus. Hopefully!
Poor thing. Teething tables by Hyland. Loved them!
My son is almost 21 months old and has been a major PILL lately, but try as I might, I'm not feeling any teeth coming through yet!!! I wish I had that as an explanation... LOL
I hope those teeth hurry up and don't cause much further trouble. Your blog site is VERY cute, btw!!! I love it!
Poor thing!! I hope those teeth come in quickly so she'll feel better. New teeth are no fun!
I am still in my terrible twos!! But one quick question...which one of you had a bad bout of the runs??? :)
Poor child!! Don't you know MAMA always knows best? LOL!
Funny Scott (hehe).... I can talk about other people's runs but keep mine to myself.
It must be a spring thing?!
We are dealing with teething in our family also. A 16 yr old, 12 yr old and 2 yr old.
Oh, poor lil girl! So SAD! I hate when they have to go through teething!! It's awful, but has to be done! Good luck!
I wonder if that is what's been happening at our house (sans runs) because Liam has been sick on and off since Christmas... I wondered if it was allergies, but maybe it's just teeth. He is into biting and having anything and everything in his mouth, including his fingers.
Post a Comment