Three Little Princesses

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Things Change

E is 19 months old. She is the literally the baby of the family. However, she has recently shown signs of growing up and heading to the next step which is being 2. I picture her like this and I am sometimes still amazed that she is running around with the other girls.

Signs that she is growing and changing:

  1. She is denying the entry of anything green into her mouth. Now she eats what she wants, not what is given to her.
  2. She throws a tantrum when I try to put an outfit on her that she does not want to wear.
  3. She can count to five. This is amazing since my 3 year old WILL (I know she can count higher but is stubborn) only count to 6.
  4. I can make out the tunes she hums/sings. A few are ABC's, twinkle little star, and the clean up song. She also does the hand bursts and "sings", 'Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam' it is so cute!
  5. Every once in a while I pick her up and she frowns and says "down, down, down!"
  6. This week is the first time EVER, that I took her to the gym nursery and she just ran over to the toys and started playing, instead of her usual hysterics.

We have been going to this gym since July people! I have been wanting this day for a long time. I should have been ecstatic, but I felt myself get all teary eyed as I walked to the ladies locker room. She didn't even look back, in fact none of my girls did. This is really hard for me. My girls are so close in age that up to this point I have always had another baby to take care of and now I do not. I am not saying I want another baby and I do NOT feel like we need more kids at this point right now in our lives. It is just sad how quickly they grow up.

When I found out number three was one her way, I had a 9 month old and 22 month old. Needless to say I was not thrilled. (disclaimer: I know so many people try hard and are not able to have kids and I am very, very lucky. It is just how I felt at the time, very overwhelmed) I have to say although it has been very challenging for me, I have loved every minute she has been a part of our family.

16 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I so feel the same way about Sophie.

Except, she still throws fits going to nursery at church. :) I'm sure it will change pretty quick here.

It's a delicate balance: Wanting our kids to grow up and being so shocked when they do. Chloe is turning 5 this week and I am still in denial. :)

Ally said...

She's beautiful! (ALL your girls are!) ;D

I know what you mean about the growing up too fast. I sense it every day, and I know I'm not quite ready for it - although the first year with twins did seem to drag on a bit! (ha, ha!) It still doesn't feel like it's been long enough.

You're an awesome mom! I admire you for being able to handle 3 young children like that, so close in age. ;) Way to go!

Laurie said...

She is so cute! It is so hard to watch the babies grow up. We had our first three kids in 3 1/2 years. I loved having them so close. But we took our time with the next one.

Jen said...

You have the cutest kids! I am amazed at how fast my kids are growing. It's fun, but sad at the same time! You are such a great mom! You get out and go to the gym with 3 lil girls so close in age! AMAZING!!!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Beautiful picture! I don't like it that mine are growing up either!

Laurie said...

She is beautiful! I think time sped up cuz when I was a kid, it went by really slowly but now that I have kids, it goes by way too quickly. It's not really fair.

Allyson said...

Wow! I didn't know your kids were all that close in age.

I think the more kids I have the more I treat them like babies longer. My first seemed so much more grown up at 15 months than my 15 month old does now as the 4th child. I know what you mean when you say you picture your baby as being a little baby still.

Misty said...

Olivia is *still* the baby, and she'll be two before long.... I imagine she'll keep on being the baby until I have my next, hopefully next year......

Your youngest.... heck.... ALL your little princesses are BEAUTIFUL!

Mandy said...

She is soo cute and fun! You are a wonderful mom. You do such a great job at raising your girls.

Danielle Gorham said...

OH how i miss Emie, I too have noticed her growing... even just in the last month.. when i was in Idaho she just loved me and was my little buddy, when you guys came out for the baptism she would barely come to me... so sad!!! I miss all your girls, every time i seem i feel like I've missed years, the do grow too fast

Danielle Gorham said...

Mommy says "I'm so glad you love your girls! Thank you for sharing all there growing steps with us!"

Heidi said...

Yes. That's exactly how I feel.

My husband said, "Oh, we need another baby. This one (now one year) is getting big!"

I looked at him like he was crazy. Because that is crazy talk. However, I get his point. It's sad when you lose your baby and don't have another one . . .

Kimber said...

They grow up so fast!! I love your list of ways she is growing up, at least you are seeing it and not missing it among all the other family stuff.

She is adorable!!

Yvonne said...

She is adorable. They all grow up so fast--it seems like time just goes flying by.

You have such a sweet family.

Amelia Ames said...

Ashley, she is so beautiful! All of your little girls are so much fun. I hope we can get together again soon.

And what is the deal with green food? Why do kids suddenly shun green vegetables?

Holly Homemaker said...

I've seen you on a few other blogs I visit. Cute blog...I'll be back!