I found this little plant stand at a thrift store the other day. I liked it's unique shape and versatility.
I knew she needed a little work. I decided to go with a new spray paint color. I am after all thinking "outside the black box."I looked for a satin finish, those glossy ones are a bit too glossy for my taste. I decided on red and searched for the perfect, in my mind, color.
I was really hoping the color would come out the color on the lid.
The word "wine" should have given me my first clue it probably wouldn't. When I saw all this pink, I got a little bit nervous. After letting the color "settle" for a few days, it became this deep red color. I really like it.
I am considering sanding the edges and staining on top of the color, but I am liking it the way it is right now.
My little girl said, "Mommy, you bought that because it is an S just like in my name!" Every time I look at it now, I think of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment