Three Little Princesses

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We decided to take the kids camping. We loaded up all our gear and headed North.

The lake was beautiful. The weather was perfect. The company was great.


Here are the girls relaxing after all their help putting up our tent.
We played games.
Took drink breaks.
Roasted hot dogs.

Yep, that is me cooking the rest.

After a long day, those were the best hot dogs ever.
Later we made s'mores. Micah was such a big helper. I am so lucky to have her.
The girls each had a few. They were Yummy if I do say so myself.
The neighboring family was from Russia. They had little girls and our daughters had so much fun playing with them. It is amazing how kids just make friends with anyone.

Sloane was quite the tree climber.
Smokey Bear came for a visit and the girls learned about preventing forest fires.




The girls were jumping off rocks into the icy water. They were so brave.
Emie, loved sitting in the raft out of water. We could not get her to put on the life vest.
We made sand castles. Here is Sloane's Spider.
Camping is a great way to slow down time for a bit. Our family enjoyed every minute of it, together.






8 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! I love the sand castle spider. That's impressive! I love being out in nature together with my family! It's the best!

Yvonne said...

Looks like such a great camping trip. I used to love going out camping--not sure i could sleep on the ground anymore ; ) Loved all the pictures. It's wonderful to slow down once in awhile.

Corrine said...

Sloane looks just like you! The picture of her in the tree! I LOVE camping, glad you got to go! :)

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! Your girls are adorable.

Joy said...

That looks like a fun family memory!
You daughters are cuties.

Mandy said...

Oh what fun!! I am glad that you guys got away for the weekend. Your girls are so cute and you can tell that they love each other very much. I love your blog.

Amy said...

Okay I'm jealous! It's way too hot to camp here yet but I look forward to it this fall.

Gina said...

We love camping too! It's so nice to have no TV and no other worldly noise!

Glad you had fun!