Three Little Princesses

Friday, August 8, 2008

Take Me Somewhere

A few weeks ago I visited home. My Mom, Grandma, and I visited a few flea markets. I found these prints. They are new, but I was in love with the rich colors and beautiful scenery. I snatched them both for $1.00.

My next venture was finding frames for these prints. I used something I already had.

These were in a white frame. I had already started tearing them apart when I realized I had not taken a photo yet. That is so me, do first think later. I have had these prints for about ten years. They were a pain to take apart. They were held in with about twenty staples each. After pulling most of those out I realized the matting was glued to the picture. Eventually I broke these frames free.
I primed and painted these my new favorite color.... black.
I washed the glass and decided to use the existing mats after all.
I like how they turned out. I love pictures that take me somewhere. I may switch out the mats for a different color or brown them a bit. I don't like the white with the white. Since I am renting I am not going to paint the walls.
I really should be unpacking, but I get caught up in all my little projects. After all they are way more fun!



No comments: