We had a great time with my family. It was so nice just to relax, shop, visit, and celebrate being together. One of my favorite weekends was going to the lake house. The girls were a little nervous at first, but soon they were loving it.
We stayed out on the boat for an entire day. The weather was nice, the water was like a sheet of glass, and the company... excellent.
We spent all day tubing, jumping off the boat (a fav of the girls), swimming, soaking up the sun, a little cliff jumping, and some of us water skied.
This is my child with NO fear. I am always watching her carefully. Just look at that grin. Mischievous, eh?
I love this shot of the girls watching my nephew tube. It was so funny the kids kept signaling for us to go faster.
Sloane was in heaven. She loved every minute of being lakeside. I did a little cliff jumping(sorry you won't be seeing me in a swimsuit), I was amazed that I had the strength to climb so high. Sloane was right behind me jumping off on lower cliffs. She amazes me with her athletic abilities.
We visited with all our family in town. I love going to my Grandparents farm. My Grandma always has her home decorated so lovely. We spent an afternoon with my great aunt Evie and her pup. I even hung out with my "4th sister" Jennifer. It was great seeing her family too.
Isn't my niece a cutie? We celebrated her turning eight. Her birthday is in February but she really wanted a pool party, so her Mom waited til it was warm.
My nephew is always hiding under a hat. He is a Midwest boy. At least this day he wasn't wearing the cowboy hat.
Emie turned two while we were out there. I can not believe how big she has gotten. Having three kids has been so overwhelming to me, but this little girl is such a joy. She brightens my life so much.
Two candles, I just can not believe it.
My girls, my niece and my Aunt's gorgeous porch. My Aunt Evie will be mad at me for this, but if you look in the reflection of the door you can see her. She is a pretty lady. I seriously hope I inherited my Mom's families genes. They are all so beautiful and look fabulous.
I love watching my kids interact with my Dad. He such a gentle Grandpa. The girls sure love their Papa.
Flying home. We had a blast but were ready to return home to our Hubby/Daddy. He really is a wonderful man to let us go and leave him behind for a full three weeks.

9 comments:
What a fun visit! Love the pictures of the girls on the boats. It's always fun to go somewhere, but it's also great to come home!
Looks like so much fun! I love the braids they have on the boat...all their hair is so long!
Oh, ashley, what a fun trip. Isn't it fun how different each of the girls are.
It's so hard to be away from family, but when you get together it sure makes the time so special doesn't it.
Love the pictures.
Sorry, that was me.
It looks like you had so much fun!!! It is our turn to go out of town for two weeks now. I will get in touch as soon as we get back and we will plan a playdate. It has been way too long!!!!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Your girls are adorable!
What a great time you all had! That is so cool that you got to go back and spend time with your family. A whole 3 weeks wow! I bet Jeremy was glad to see you all.
Love the pictures.
How fun! I love the picture of your 3 girls watching out the back of the boat!
Fun, fun, fun! It sounds like a lovely time.
Although, I don't think I could be apart from my sweetheart for 3 weeks!! I would just be going crazy, especially with twin 2-year-olds. ;-P
Love all the pictures, and I'm glad you had such a pleasant time. ;-)
Post a Comment