Three Little Princesses

Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Bargains

I have been attracted to end tables lately. I am not sure why but they have been catching my eye. I bought this table at a thrift store this weekend. I paid more for it than most things I buy used. A whopping $14. I had already started priming it, when I remembered to take a picture.

This inlay made me fall in love, and from this picture you can see it in it's original color.

I primed it in white and then decided I might like it better white than black. Nope, it will be black, but since I was not in the mood to finish it, I decided I could use it white for a week or so until the painting bug bites.

I forgot to take a picture of these babies too. They were black and gold. Sort of tacky, but I liked their shape.

Oh, and they are from one of my favorite stores.
These lovelies are my bargain for the week. I spent $3 for both. The lamp had a huge, ugly black shade that I immediately discarded. This little table looked so lonely, I had to take it home.
Here is my primed only table. Eventually I will sand it, paint it, and lacquer it, but it doesn't look bad as is.

Here is my little table after I sanded it a LOT and stained it a darker color. That little clock was a different find at Hobby Lobby 50% off. The flowers were not a good deal, but (sigh) I fell in love with them.
Here is my lamp all cleaned up. I am not sure the shade is the right fit, so I may continue to shop for another one. Regardless, I love my new lamp, it is so me.
My husband does not seem to show much interest in my bargain deals. Mostly he just rolls his eyes. It makes me so excited when I find a GREAT deal, so my good mood makes for a wonderful weekend. (For both of us!)




No comments: