I have challenged myself to post everyday this week! Starting with today. I turned in my voters registration card yesterday. We moved, so I had to turn in a new one.
I have to tell you, I finally made my decision. I will not be sharing it though. I grew up in a family where one parent was mostly Republican and one parent was mostly Democrat. My mom never discussed who she was voting for feeling it was her personal decision. She is not the one campaigning. I feel the same way. It causes quite a stir to ask for people's personal views on things. I have to say I admire people like Allyson who asked everyone who they were voting for. I read every response to THIS POST .I am grateful to Farrah for encouraging me to do my research on the issues. I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth, like I did during the primaries. I have to say I am not excited about either candidate. I have been inspired a bit by both, and disappointed a lot by both. I do not think either candidate has the high moral values I wished they did. All in all I have made my decision. I think voting is important. I hope everyone takes it seriously and really studies all the issues at hand. It is an exciting time of year. Someone will be the new President and I hope the next four years will be prosperous for everyone.
8 comments:
I do not like contention and I don't like to be attacked so I agree--voting is a personal decision. Someone may differ with me and that is their right.
I hope the next four years bring great things for our country.
While I will tell people who I am voting for if they ask, I don't like arguing about it, either. Your policy might be a good one. :)
I think the right to vote our conscience is one of the things that makes this country great, and so sometimes I don't get all the contention over voting choices.
Although, I do agree this election is a difficult one. Sigh.
I hope I didn't say you stuck your foot in your mouth or even implied that! I am glad you are voting and sometimes think it is BEST to keep it to yourself. I normally do.
I do NOT think you implied that. I am saying I did it! I guess my wording could have been better. I am graetful you inspired me to do research this election. :0)
I'm happy to see that you are voter who is choosing to educate themselves, rather than go with the mainstream or vote a certain way b/c your friends or family are. It's important that we ALL vote and that we all TRULY study the candidates at hand. I agree, both candidates have their downfalls. I just hope whoever wins does good things for this country!
Oh, good. I was worried I said something that would have implied that. :)
Good for you. On all counts. ;-)
Voting is so important.
It was so nice to say you admired me, rather than saying, "there is this stupid chick, Allyson, you should see what she did......"
Post a Comment