Three Little Princesses

Saturday, October 18, 2008

There's a party...

...in my tummy. So yummy, so yummy!
My kids sing this song just about every meal time.
I was at a local Farmer's Market last Monday and decided we needed to make caramel apples for FHE. I love these fresh apples.

I decided to use the kraft brand caramels, although the homemade caramel sauce is so much better.

Got the sticks all ready.

Cheesecake is my favorite dessert, but any thing with caramel is a close second.

Mmmmmm look at that creamy goodness.

I let the girls put the caramel on the apples. No pictures of that, I thought it best to supervise the hot stove.

The girls definitely enjoyed them.


They made a huge mess. It was worth it!


7 comments:

Lindsey said...

OH, that looks soooo good! one easy (and clean) way i've found to eat them is to use the pampered chef apple slicer that takes out the core and makes ten perfect slices. much easier to share also!

Yvonne said...

Yummy.

Corrine said...

ummm... yummy!

Amelia Ames said...

You are a brave brave woman. That's one thing I won't do with my kids. Can I send them to your house?

Brittany said...

I am sooooooo jealous of how much time you get to spend with our kids and do all the stuff mom did with us when we were young..... I can't find the time, nor do I have a supportive husband when it comes to Messy traditions that are so important to me. Remember, that your girls will remember all this goo stuff. Thank you for reminding me of the fun stuff.. Love you lots, miss you more.

Jen said...

What a great idea! I so want to do this next family night!

Amy said...

These look so yummy! I'm a slacker and just buy them (with caramel, chocolate & nuts) from the Rocky Mt Choc Factory in town.

Check out the ones here, they're perfect for kids or appetizers for a party: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50565