Conference was just what my heart needed. A lot of inspiring and uplifting talks. I can't remember if it was Women's Conference or General Conference but, I loved Elder Uchtdorfs talk. He talk about women being creative and making things beautiful. I was grateful to hear that. I feel that the time I spent doing all my little projects are warranted. They give me satisfaction and beautify my home, making it a welcome and restful place to be.
Saturday, the talks were amazing. We let our kids stay upstairs and play while we enjoyed the silence and reverence of at least two sessions of conference. I should have known all that silence was too good to be true. This is what I found when I came upstairs.
Micah with the help of Uncle Josh, won this rather LARGE pink monkey. I had put it up high because it was ripped and I had intended on fixing it. Well, some how the girls managed to pull it down, and rip the hole even bigger.
They noticed all the fun foam coming out, and decided MORE FOAM=MORE FUN.
Luckily for me it had been storming all day long and there was plenty of static electricity in the air. (Lucky I was not!) This mess was huge. All over my closet, clinging to every piece of clothing Jeremy and I own. It covered the floor and clung to all the walls and furniture. It looked like snow on top of the big toy mess they made before their discovery of the monkey.
I have to laugh at Emie's "caught" look. It is funny today, it wasn't two weekends ago.
Well finally at seven o'clock that evening and four vacuum bags filled later, I managed to finish cleaning the mess. Needless to say, the girls enjoyed watching conference on Sunday with us under a very watchful eye.
5 comments:
I have to agree about Elder Uchtdorf's talk--it was WONDERFUL.
Love the pictures--especially the looks on their faces ; )
That is indeed a crazy mess! Wow! It's amazing what they can do in just a few minutes. They're just practicing the creativity that Elder Uchtdorf talked about, right?
Fun, fun, fun!
LOL!!! I didn't realize how big the monkey was til the second picture with your girls in it! That thing is HUGE! I can't imagine how long that would've taken to clean up! Good thing you can laugh about it now :)
I'm so sorry to laugh at your expense... but LOL, that is funny! Especially that photo! :-D
I thoroughly enjoyed Pres. Uchtdorf's talk as well. It was exactly what I needed to hear.
I enjoyed the other sessions as well, though we didn't have any considerable length of silence going on at our house. ;-)
Well, we did during naptime, but that coincided with in between sessions.
Needless to say, I'll be studying these talks a little more in the future, when there actually is silence. ;-)
Post a Comment