Three Little Princesses

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Wanted One Too

I went to a local thrift store on Monday. I walked in with two of my girls and then quickly walked back out. It was packed, a total mad house. So, Yesterday morning I went back and found this little plate with a cloche cover.

I bet someone loved it once. I love anything I get from Neiman Marcus. It was really dated. All it needed was some TLC and a little updating.

A little black paint and some glass cleaner did the trick.

I decided to try little spooky vignette. I was so jealous of all the beautiful ones I saw on Monday. If any of the girls started crying, I vowed to take it down. Luckily for me, all they see is the candy corns. Woo hoo the decor can stay!

You can see a bit of the Witching Hour Clock I made . I got this fabulous idea from http://cherrysjubileehome.blogspot.com . I just love her blog, it is a wealth of ideas.

Also, the lady at the thrift store told me why it was so packed. Every Monday morning the store picks a different color of tag to price at $.99. That means everything with that color of tag is a great bargain. She said some people leave the store with two carts full of stuff. I really don't need anything but who can resists a deal like that? It doesn't hurt to look, right?

Guess where I will be at 8:45 Monday morning? Standing in line with all the other crazy bargain hunting women.



No comments: