It all started on day at Target. My daughter saw some pictures she HAD to have for her room. She will be 5 in December and doesn't HAVE to have anything. There were three of them, beautiful Disney Princess pictures. She was in love. I just could not justify paying $19.99 a piece.
After thinking about it for a while, I went in her room to talk to her. I saw her Princess calendar on the wall and the idea came to me. We could make our own. After searching for a while, one day at a thrift store I saw three of these wood decorative boards.
I spray painted them white.
Grabbed the calendar right off the wall.
Got out the decoupage glue. Is this stuff Elmer's glue? Seriously I could not tell a difference. Well maybe in the price!
I decoupaged a collage of scrapbook paper I thought was pretty on each one.
Carefully cut out three of her favorite princesses. Decoupaged them on top.
Finally I added embellishments. I just hung them up in her room and today she came home, saw them and squealed with delight. She was happy. All the work was worth it to see that huge smile.They only cost me the price of the wood ($1 a piece). Everything else I already had.



No comments:
Post a Comment