Three Little Princesses

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Playland Punk



I usually am not a mean person. I don't care a whole lot if my kids get bumped while playing. Even a little tiff among my kids and their friends doesn't get me riled up. However, today while we were eating lunch at a fast food establishment with a (nasty, gross, but I cave in every time and let them) play area, there happened to be a two year old bully.

Every time my two year old wanted to slide she would work her way up the steps and (every time) by the time she got there, he blocked her way. I looked over at his mom who was too busy chatting it up with her other tank top, bra showing friends to pay any attention to her monster child. I went over and distracted him, to help her go down. Jeremy who will not just stand by, started shouting for her to push him. The mother never glanced our way.

I finally just distracted S with some other activities. He moved on to the other innocent one year olds playing near by. Getting bored as their parents stepped in, he moved on from them too. The final straw is when he walked by and purposely knocked over my baby who is just barely walking. Jeremy let him have it, but I just sat there. Why didn't I tell off this little kid or at least his too involved with her lunch dates, Mom.

I definitely think kids are a product of their parents parenting. I guess I realized more than no discipline, he is just completely ignored.

And that is very sad!

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Isn't that so sad that a child would be completely ignored. It does break your heart to think that he can do all that and his mom doesn't even notice--he probably doesn't even know how to play nice. Hopefully one day his mom WILL NOTICE.

Lara Neves said...

I have the hardest time understanding moms like that. When we are somewhere like that, i am usually so hyper aware of my children and what they're doing that I can't enjoy myself. :) I'm relaxing a bit as they get older, but still!

Wow. You're right, it is incredibly sad.

Clinesville said...

I would have enjoyed watching Jeremy getting on to that kid! It's what I always wish I could do in those situations.

Laurie said...

What's really sad is that they don't change as they get older, just worse. My children come home and tell me stories about other children that they know or have seen that make you want to cry because their lives are so sad or get angry because they are so mean. Even the teachers have commented to me that it is so rare to find nice, kind, compassionate children any more in their classrooms. It makes me feel so blessed!

Kristi said...

Oh man, I cannot handle bullies. That is a good point, though, it is sad how ignored he must be, which is probably why he bullies!

swampbaby said...

Ugh. I have no patience for bullies or obnoxious, rude kids and even less for oblivious moms. Cute blog, by the way. I like your color scheme.

Mandy said...

I am right there with Clinesville I would have enjoyed watching Jeremy take the kid out. J/K