Three Little Princesses

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Halloween is Coming!

Are you ready for it? I finally had the talk with my girls. The Costume talk! The two oldest want to be the same thing they were last year. I guess since their costumes were a little big last year, that will be fine. Emie wants to be a princess or a fairy. I guess there will be no big costume purchases this year.
I love when the weather cools off. It seems to have skipped fall a bit here. Last weekend was FREEZING! Nothing a little simmering potpourri can't cure.

My wreath this year was simple, but effective.

(that ugly hanger was already on the door when we moved here)

I put together a little "spooky" vignette. I loved the glow my camera gave it. I found out later there was grease all over the lens, yuck!

The creepy little hands are from the dollar store. I have realized that you can decorate on the cheap if you just really pay attention to what you already have and stop by the dollar store once in a while!

Another little sign from the dollar store with some personal embellishment. I had to buy it, because immediately I thought it meant my kids. :0)

Hope you are enjoying the Halloween festivities.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

I always LOVED when my kids wanted to be the same thing for Halloween as the year before ; )

Cute decorations--I love the dollar store.

Corrine said...

man! I wish i lived closer to you!! I would probably decorate more... i miss ya! Your house looks spooky, I love it!!!!

Jana said...

I like reading your blog...it is interesting to see how different it is to raise 3 little girls versus 3 little boys! Your creative house decorations inspire me! (It is a more difficult to find autumn decorations here, and I can't find my favourite box that contains the decour I brought over from the states, sigh)

Lara Neves said...

Really cute stuff! I have slacked on the Halloween decorations this year, but I do have a little bit up.

Sophie fell in love with a wooden witch and carries it everywhere. Amusing.

Jen said...

Seriously, you are so crafty and cute!! I love all the decorations and ideas! I'd SO hire you to decorate my place!! Interested? :) I know, we live too far apart. :( What's your recipe for the potpourri? It looks divine!

Allyson said...

Cute decorations!

Jami Steele Davis said...

Your decorations are always so cute!!! I love to see what you do for each season!!!