Three Little Princesses

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Birds of a Feather

We got two parakeets when Micah was only 5 months old. Don't ask me why, I don't know. I used to never been fond of birds. They are messy, messy, messy. Plus, we have always had to find someone to take care of them while we are out of town.


I finally grew to love my birds. I say "my" because I take care of them. One of our birdies past on and so we have had this one bird for over a year all by itself. I missed all the beautiful singing when the two birds were together and happy. So, we finally decided to give it friend.

Our birds never had names. Don't ask me why, I don't know. Jeremy and I decided to let the girls pick out some names for them. The first suggestion was Dora and Diego. We have enough Dora stuff in this house so I said try again. Micah liked.......


Charlie and Lola from another favorite show. I really think these are cute names so Charlie and Lola it is.



Here's Charlie. He is a little over three years old. He loves to sing and although he is not sure about sharing his home, I think soon enough they will be filling my home with beautiful music.



Here is our new baby Lola. Isn't she pretty? I really wanted a yellow bird. Yellow makes me happy. The girls loved picking her out and bringing her home to stay.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Awesome names! I hope that they are able to make beautiful music too. I used to have 2 parakeets too. Princess and Snowball!!

Laurie said...

My kids have been begging for a pet for the last couple of years, especially a bird. Yellow birds are mt favorite but I know that they will become "my" birds for the same reason you claim yours and I haven't agreed to take on that extra work. My excuse is I'm raising children, not pets. When I don't have to clean up after them and remind them to take care of themselves, then we can talk about a pet. Your birds are very beautiful though.

Gina said...

Cute! We just got two beta fish for Liam... named Bo Bo and Feesh.

Charlie and Lola is a fave at our house too!

Kristi said...

Cute, cute birds. You are one nice Mom. I love the names Charlie & Lola, too (and the cartoon)