Three Little Princesses

Friday, August 3, 2007

Good Pets are Hard to Forget

Today my Mom put Caleb to sleep, his little body finally gave out after 16 years of life. I got Caleb for my twelveth birthday! When I went away to school he attached himself to a new owner, my mom. He has been sleeping at the foot of her bed every night since. I don't know why I am so sad over the loss of an old pet. He was actually pretty mean in his old age, but we all loved him none the less.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I am sorry to hear that! It is hard to lose a pet. The day before I returned home from my mission Will and Jami (Gary's wife) went and put our dog down because we was very old and had a tumor. They told me that they didn't want me to see him the way he was. I am just greatful for the fun and wierd memories that we have of our animals.

Lara Neves said...

So difficult. I hate it when I have to say goodbye to my pets.

Found your blog on LDS women bloggers...had to check it out because of the title...I have 3 little girls too. :) Your family is beautiful!

Nicole said...

Aww Ash- sorry to hear about your cat. You know how I feel about animals, so I feel ya sistah. Love ya!

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry--It is hard losing pets.

Sarah said...

Right before we moved to CA, my parents had to put our last childhood pet to sleep. After losing 4 within a year and a half, I really can sympathize and empathize with you. There will always be a place in your heart for these special creatures!

Laurie said...

I'm so sorry for your saddness. I hope you are feeling better. It's hard to say "good-bye" to things we love.