Here's the long side of the story. I have my new calling, Sunbeam teacher. I have been doing it for a whopping three weeks. Apparently in this ward the teachers give the opening exercises assignments. WHAT?? I have been in primary for many years and this is a new approach to me. Well I look at my binder on FRIDAY and see that Sunbeams are supposed to have the assignments for the week. OOPS! So naturally I give my daughter a talk and call a few moms in primary to give out the other assignments. WHEW!! That was a close one, I save myself from complete embarrassment. On Saturday I write Micah's talk and we practice one time. I felt bad I mean I would have liked to practice all week so that she would have felt more comfortable. Well yesterday she gave her talk. She was amazing. The mic was broken and so she had to talk really loud. She shouted a lot but it is better than the ones who talked so softly no one heard them. She also had a lot of it memorized already and didn't need to much help. Thanks Micah for making me look like a pro and making it look like we had practiced all week. I was so very proud of my little girl. It was a very good SUNDAY!
3 comments:
That is awesome Good job Micah and Ashley! I lived in a ward that did that same thing is was kind of wierd but now in the ward we live in our Secretary gives the assignments out. But I can tell you everytime I do sharing time or have to conduct primary I am soo scared. And we all just laugh because why should I be afraid of little kids? well I think it is mostly getting the gospel message right and also trying to keep it strait. (the teachers make me nervous) I know wierd but oh well. But back to you because this is totally about you and your family. I am very proud of you two. Love, Cuzin Mandy
Mandy, when I was in the presidency, we had one male teacher who would quiz my doctrine knowledge in front of the whole primary everytime I had to do sharing time. I wanted to smack him at first. But, then I realized when I had to really think about it, I was much more knowledgeable than I gave myself credit for. Although he annoyed me, he really pushed me to think deeper into my messages. Does that make sense?
Sure does! Thank you!
Post a Comment