Three Little Princesses

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

This is the Extent of My Holiday Baking

We decided for our family home evening treat we would decorate sugar cookies. M was only too excited to help.

After I showed her how to use a cookie cutter, she did pretty well on her own. She has a natural baking talent...something I do NOT have.


I made a couple different Halloween colored frostings. I think black was a BIG mistake. I should have known it would stain.



The girls decorated spider cookies. I bought this cutter to feed into S's new obsession. Pretty good for a two year old and three year old, eh?




Here is my creative attempt. Oh well. They tasted fantastic though if I do say so my self.










9 comments:

Yvonne said...

I have the hardest time using a cookie cutter--I either get the dough too thick or too thin. So, I'm impressed!!!

Sarah said...

Good Job! I don't seem to tackle enough baking projects with the girls. I wait for them to go to bed. Kudos to you for the fun activity idea! I think I will try sometime this week. (c:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

The picture with the little black mouth is adorable! We haven't made cookies yet, although that will probably happen next week.

Love the flowers in the previous post. What a nice husband!

Kristi said...

Those cookies turned out SO stinkin cute--what a fun Mom you are, Ashley! Those looks delicious, too...yum, I'm starving.

Gina said...

Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how big Micah looks! I love your girls so much!! It looks like you all had a bunch of fun! I miss you and those little girls!! I might be a little home sick for family! :(

Mandy said...

Wow! Looks like you all had fun!! I have a hard time with sugar cookies sometimes I make them too thin or too thick. Oh well good job. Oh yeah Jeremy did a good job on those flowers maybe he can talk some sense into my husband. J/K Your cookies did look good though I think I may have to take a try at it. I've already started making Banana bread. YUM! I Miss you!

Laurie said...

Hey, I have the same leaf cookie cutter. I've never used mine though. I love sugar cookies and I love holidays but putting the two together exhausts me just to think about. I am so impressed by your baking. I even love that you let your kids use black frosting. You are definately a very cool mom!!

Lara Neves said...

So far, much more than I've done! I have big plans though. I especially love your fall leaves.

Looks like you and the girls had fun! :)