Three Little Princesses

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Running in Circles

I decided to get back into a resemblance of a shape I once possessed. I joined a gym. The first few times I worked out I was sore, sore, sore! I figured there was a better way to get more from my workout. I signed up for a program that would give me access to a trainer and some guidelines on getting back into better fitness.

Why, oh why did I sign up for so such torture? I am required to be there at least four days a week. I was like I will be there five! Yea right, something always seems to come between me and my work out. I go a few times a week but never make it the full amount. The first couple of days I was sore and then my kids got sick. (EXCUSES, EXCUSES!) Well I am into week three and will finally meet my goal. I am fearing meeting up with the trainer again, she will surely remind me of my broken commitment to her and to myself. It only gets harder from here on out. Not only will I be required to do one hour cardio but next she will be adding daily weight training one top of it all.

I am vowing to do better. I mean the only person who can shave the extra lumps on this body is me. I used to be a pretty healthy person where did things go so wrong. I am hoping to get in the workout habit and then to the healthier eating. I used to only eat healthy but gradually found all the goodies I had been missing out on. I still might need to enjoy my special treats but unfortunately only in moderation. I wish I could do the same with exercising.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Good for you for getting back in shape and working on it...you're doing your best, so cut yourself some slack woman! :)

Laurie said...

Funny...we think the same. We just got a family membership to the Y so Zach could be on the swim team. So Tuesday we went in for our free orientation with a trainer. Oh how I wish it were easier to get into shape. I don't remember it being that hard to get out of shape. You need to move a couple hours east or me west and we could go together. Keep me posted on your progress.

Melanie said...

just keep trying. once you make it a routine in your day it will get easier! you are doing great!

Mandy said...

I am proud of you Ashley! Not that I thought that you needed to lose wieght but that you are trying to be healthier. I have tried joining gyms and it worked for the first few weeks and then I would fail and stop going. But now I am going walking every morning (trying to) with my nieghbor. Keep up the good work. Your Awesome.

Tigersue said...

You have been added to the calling all LDS women blog Roll.

Ashley said...

Laurie it would be fun to have someome to go with! It is always good to have the extra motivation.