Three Little Princesses

Thursday, February 21, 2008

For Blog's Sake

I haven't blogged in a while. I have no excuses, I haven't been too busy I have been keeping up on reading blogs and commenting. Just been ignoring my own blog. Of course today when I should be busy packing for my trip (leaving tomorrow at 5 am), I decide to blog.


A couple of things going on this week:


M has had a fascination with the Planets in our Solar System. She is constantly asking questions like, What is their order from the Sun, How many moons does each one have, Which one has the big storm again, and Why isn't Pluto a planet anymore? (a good one if you ask me)

I am glad that she is showing some interest in something other than Disney Princesses and My Little Ponies. Jeremy is over the Moon ( hee, hee) to tell her every single thing he knows. It brings back wonderful memories when his father wood pull out a telescope and together they would explore the wonders in our Galaxy. Last night was fun for her, we let her stay up and see the Lunar Eclipse.

S is driving me nuts with having to do and say the 'opposite' of whatever I tell her to do. Even when we help her say her prayer it is 'I'm NOT thankful' and 'please NOT bless'. We have explained to her many times how sad that must make Heavenly Father feel when he hears prayers like this. She always reassures me, "Mommy, I NOT,not do it again." You know what? I believe her. I try to remind myself it is just a phase.

This silly face is going on my trip with me. I am sure everyone traveling on my plane will be 'so grateful' for all the entertainment they will recieve from her on the flight. Wish me Luck!

I am grateful for Sunshine and Blue Skys! These pictures were taken at the park, even though it was still COLD, we enjoyed the chance to be outside in the fresh air.

16 comments:

Corrine said...

YAY!! For family trips!! Actually I am just so excited to get out of REXBURG!!!

Yvonne said...

First of all, I'm with Micah--why isn't Pluto a planet???? That's so great that she asks all kinds of questions.

I'm sure that Sloane is just going through a phase. It won't last forever.

Are all the girls going on the trip? I hope you have a great time. Enjoy ; )

Allyson said...

So Ashley, I have to ask you this. Are you the kind of person who is always moving your furniture around? Or do you just get it all out in your blog redecorating? I am too boring and lazy to do either. It is so fun to always come to your blog and see something new.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Have fun! And you definitely need to take them to the Discovery Center. They'll love it!!

Misty said...

Can I say once again, what beautiful little girls you have. And, best wishes for a easy going trip! Be safe!

Ashley said...

Yvonne: Only Emie gets to go on my trip with me. She flies for free.

Allyson: I get bored very easily and I guess it shows. I do move my living room around ALOT, I am never satisfied with the same look.

Ally said...

Love the new blog design! :D

I enjoyed reading this, about all the things your little ones are interested in. Some of the 'phases' our children go through, I'm not too crazy about! :S

I don't know where you're going, but I hope it's for fun, and I hope it WILL be fun! Here's to a safe trip and a pleasant time!!

Kristi said...

Look at those cute girls :) That cracks me up that Sloane says the opposite of what you want her to say!! :) That made me laugh. Thank good ness for phases, right? She's hilarious.

Tori :) said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Laurie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your daughters are darling! These pictures are so cute. I'm happy that the last few days have finally warmed up a bit so we can get outside again!Have great trip!

Kimber said...

I love the prayer. It's almost like they know that they can get away with more during the prayer. My son started blessing the 'yucky food' because we had a talk on manners and being polite even if you don't like what is being served.

Have a fun trip!! I'm jealous of your nice weather.

Jennie said...

You have the most beautiful blog I've ever seen! I love your background.
I hope you have a super time on your trip. Hopefully you get to go somewhere relaxing!

Laurie said...

Ummm...I didn't know Pluto wasn't a planet anymore? I thought they just discovered a new planet.

Anyways, have a great trip! I hope your going home to visit your family! That always makes you happy! Can't wait to here the details when you get back!

Jen said...

You're new blog look is adorable! I totally LOVE it! :)

Gina said...

I love that silly face and I am glad you were able to take her on that midwest trip and everyone got to see her!

Jami Steele Davis said...

How funny that Micah is obsessed wtih the planets. Jesse is as well. Next time you come over we will have to get out Jesse's favorite christmas present, which is his talking telescope. It tells all sorts of interesting facts about the planets while they look at pictures of them!!