Thoughts going through my head today:
1.The other day I stubbed my toe really hard. I barely controlled my self by yelling "Shhhhhooooot!" Micah came up to me and said, "Mommy we don't say shoot, we say dagnabbit." I do not know where she heard this word, I mean we do not say it. She must have heard it somewhere. I just replied. "Mommy's sorry I won't say it again."
2.I need to be really careful of the songs I listen to, on the radio, in the car. I don't want a station oops to be repeated at my house.
3.I went to the store today. A good mommy would listen to kids c.d.'s or something, but I have to listen to something that keeps my eyes open on hot sunny days. I was jamming in my car, just singing away. I look over and notice two teenagers looking at me in my minivan just smiling. I tried not to show my embarassment and quickly smiled back then looked away. So what I forgot I drove a minivan, am the mother of three kids, and am no longer cool by worldly standards.
4.When did I get old. I certainly don't feel old! I look at missionary's and think they are so young. I clearly remember thinking they were so mature, and that I was gonna marry one someday! I look at the young women and think it wasn't long ago I was sitting with my family at church. Now I am the older teacher, the one with kids, and the wifey. Blogging this makes me feel old. "DAGNABBIT!"
3 comments:
aww I feel your pain sistah. I dont even have kids yet and I feel old, especially with my 30th creeping up on me!
Ditto on what Nicolasa said. So no worries. I still love to drive down the street with my radio blasting country music and me jamming and singing along.
Oh man--your not old! Your young, dagnabbit, and don't let anyone tell you differntly! (This is what I tell myself every day! :) I love that you jam out in the car because I do as well, and I cannot give it up--sorry to the teenagers who think only they can jam!
Post a Comment