Three Little Princesses

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Way Back Wednesday



















This is a picture of a few of my Riviera Roomies. Oh the good old Riv, so many memories. The funny story about this picture is the tree. My Roommate Erica inherited it from her grandpa. It used to be a full size tree, he thought he needed a smaller one, so he took a chain saw to it. The skinny tree in the picture is his result. Although Provo probably wasn't my favorite place I ever lived, I have a lot of really great memories, and made a lot of friends. Love live #133 disco!







Okay, I found this picture and had to throw it on. (Sorry Amy and Britt if this brings back bad memories.) This is a picture of Amy being sewn into her wedding dress after Brittany broke the zipper! I don't know if you can laugh about it now Amy, but I do! (Okay I laughed a little on the inside on that day too, but it was a bit awkward for everyone one involved.) Glad we can all still be friends.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, so sad about the zipper--hopefully it's a happy memory now :) That is hilarious about the tree. Good ol' Grandpas. You gotta love them.

Mandy said...

I remember that day it was fun and nice to see everyone. I did fill bad about Amy being sewn in her dress. I remember aunt Vicki making the wedding cake at Grandma's house. Strange memories that come up by seeing one picture.

Amelia Ames said...

Ashley, I laughed as soon as I saw the picture. Such a distant memory. A little over 9 years ago, can you believe it? I have actually never seen that picture before. I was upset at the time, but not really at Brittany, just kind of the major stress that getting married can do to you. And the Riv, how can I ever forget that? We had so much fun didn't we? Especially the mono that we both ended up having later, such a rockin' party. Ha ha ha.

Amelia Ames said...

Had to add, you know what really ticked me off at the time now that I think about it, was Darren's little brother running around telling everyone who would listen that "the brides dress was ripped." He was only 10 at the time though and everyone loves a good scandal right?

Ashley said...

Up unitl this point, I always thought being pregnant with Micah (throwing up daily for seven months) was the worst thing that has ever happened to me, but now that you mention Mono, I have changed my mind. I forgot about that. It was much shorter than pregnancy but oh so way worse. I wished every day that I would just die. I actually got it again the next summer. Much like my second pregnancy I was mentally prepared that time.

Anonymous said...

I remember the ripped zipper, too. Pretty funny.

Amelia Ames said...

You know Ash, I got it twice after that first time, but like you said the first time was definately the worst!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to bloggin' comment world Jana...now about a blog...

Mandy said...

I remember you getting the mono I didn't know that Amy had it too though. I felt so bad for you because you were so down. I wish I would have come down to visit you all more often when you were just in Provo. It was put in my head that it was way too far. But it really wasn't I think a parent just didn't want me traveling down there. Oh well were all good buddies and Cousins anyway.